Golder Associates Intermediate Coastal Engineer in VICTORIA, British Columbia
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Intermediate Coastal Engineer to join our Environmental Remediation & Water team on a 12-month contract based in Vancouver. As an Intermediate Coastal Engineer, you will be expected to step into a technical specialist role for coastal engineering projects in BC, across Canada and internationally. You will join a growing Water Resources & Coastal Engineering Team based in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, and Mississauga that services projects in Oil & Gas, Mining, Transportation, Power and Government sectors.
An overview of your role will include:
· Assisting with oversight and management of projects or project related tasks including field work, data analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of marine and coastal processes (e.g. waves, currents, water levels, sediment transport)
· Assisting with and overseeing preparation of technical documents (e.g. reports, drawings, specifications) documenting engineering and environmental investigations, results, and analyses
· Supervising and implementing state-of-the-art coastal engineering methods to address problems related to natural coastal hazards (e.g. flooding, erosion, sedimentation) and human interactions (e.g. spills, coastal structures, dredging and beneficial use, materials management) in the context of climate change and variability
· Supervising and conducting field work involving site visits and data collection in coastal and offshore site reconnaissance and condition inspection of coastal and harbour structures
· Coastal engineering calculations and analyses in support of planning and design of coastal protection structures, port and harbour facilities, and for coastal hazard studies
· Assisting in the preparation of proposals and workplans
· Engaging and interacting with other team members in a multi-disciplinary team
You will have a background in:
· University degree (preferably Master’s or Ph.D. in coastal, port or ocean engineering)
· Professional registration as an Engineer-in-Training in British Columbia as a Civil Hydrotechnical Engineer or proven eligibility for Professional registration in Canada
· 5 years of work experience in the field of coastal, port or ocean engineering, experience in Environmental Assessments, coastal engineering design and hazard assessment. Experience in a consulting environment would be an asset
· Proven ability to conduct independent analysis, develop visualizations, and interpret complex physical processes by analyzing geospatial time series data
· Proven ability to develop and apply numerical models for the simulation of waves, currents, sediment transport, and morphology change in open coast, inlet, and estuarine environments
· Proven experience in engineering calculations and analyses in support of coastal engineering design
· Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and demonstrated teamwork skills
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Intermediate Coastal Engineer**
*Other Locations: *CA-BC-VICTORIA**
*Requisition ID: *18002336**