Golder Associates Senior Mining Engineer in WATERFALL, South Africa
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Mining Engineer based in Johannesburg, South Africa to join our community of high performing engineers, scientists, and business professionals. Our clients in the global mining industry expect the best from us and in this position, you can help us deliver it by providing solutions for the development of mineral projects in a safe, cost-effective, and responsible manner.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
As a safety-conscious professional; you will bring your technical and managerial strengths in the following areas:
· Utilise your expertise to conduct a full range of mine engineering functions;
· Apply Golder's Project Management standards to manage all aspects of projects and bids;
· Develop and mentor junior engineers and technical staff in the skills and procedures needed to effectively deliver engineering and consulting assignments;
· Use your existing professional network and experience to identify, develop, and follow through on new business opportunities;
· Apply your client focus approach to proactively develop and maintain exceptional relations with clients;
· Demonstrate a "Safety First" focus and act as a role model to staff;
· Use your market knowledge and commercial mindset to support growth within the Operational Improvement, Feasibility and Due Diligence consulting market within Southern Africa;
· Use your high standard of ethical behaviour to promote and support Golder's Core Values and Culture.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
As a key member of the Mining Engineering and Stability Group; you should possess ideally a mixture of the following qualifications, experience and technical ability:
· As a minimum hold a Bachelor's Degree in Mine Engineering; and or;
· A minimum of 10-15 years relevant practical mining experience with a specific emphasis on mine planning, design, scheduling and costing;
· Having had multi commodity exposure during your relevant experience period would be regarded as an asset;
· Open pit and Underground related experience would be regarded as an advantage;
· Be registered, or have the ability to register, as a Professional Engineer in South Africa.;
· Experience as a consulting engineer or with a technical services role within a mining company;
· Previous experience providing content for your area of expertise in technical reports, and or managing projects to international reporting standards such as JORC 2012, SAMREC or NI43-101;
· Hold a suitable level of experience in utilising mine planning, design and scheduling software packages such as Vulcan, Surpac, Deswick, Datamine, Gemcom (or related);
· Fluent in English with fluency in other languages (e.g. Afrikaans, Portuguese and French) an asset;
· Excellent communication skills including report writing and presentation skills;
· Ability to travel internationally and to remote project locations.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Title: Senior Mining Engineer
Requisition ID: 19000159